How to Turn Off or Disable Sophos Antivirus
If you are planning to troubleshoot, run high-end graphics and audio functions and squeezing the maximum performance out of your system then you will have to disable your antivirus program. Sophos antivirus offers a way to disable the program temporarily or permanently. It is recommended to disable temporarily if you are thinking of installing a different program to protect your system. It is good to turn off the internet when disabling to get protected from online threats. First of all, you will have to disable the tamper protection.
In case you need any type of help for the given task, you can reach to us by dropping a call at Sophos Antivirus helpline number 1-800-764-852. The experts will guide you throughout the entire process of turning off your antivirus program.
Following are the step by step instructions to do the same:
For disabling tamper protection—
- Go to the Sophos shield by right-clicking on it and choose ‘Open endpoint security and control’ to display the endpoint security and control page of your program.
- Go to the home page and after selecting ‘tamper protection’, choose ‘configure tamper protection’.
- Find the option ‘enable tamper protection’, uncheck it before hitting on ‘ok’.
For disabling Sophos LSP—
- Open its endpoint security and control and select the option to ‘configure antivirus and HIPS’ and afterwards ‘web protection’.
- Convert the option to ‘block access to malicious activities’ and ‘download scanning’ to ‘off’.
- Confirm your changes by clicking on ‘Ok’ and then choose the ‘configure’ bar.
- Reboot your system after unchecking ‘web control’.
For further details, you can contact us by dropping a call at Sophos helpline number Australia 1-800-764-852. The official technicians are here for 24/7 to help you out. The experienced ones are available to give you the appropriate answers for all your individual queries. The team is very well aware of the related issues and how to resolve them. You can reach to them for help at any time round the clock.